17 Apr WHICH IS BETTER: FIBERGLASS OR VINYL LINER POOLS
Posted at 22:15h in News 0 Comments
- Warranty: Most pool manufactures offer a lifetime warranty on the pool shell
- Fast installation: Depending on the weather the pool could be installed and ready to swim in as little as a few weeks
- Less Maintenance: The outer layer of the pool limits the growth of algae and reduces the amount of chemicals required
- Minimal lifetime cost: No need for resurfacing or replacing a liner.
- Built- in Features: Many fiberglass designs include seating and all have steps that are built into the pool mold.
- Non-abrasive interior: The inside of a fiberglass pool is always smooth to the touch. You will not scrape your skin with this type of pool.
- Limited types and designs: Fiberglass pools are built by molds, limiting one’s choices to the models provided by manufacturers. However, new models are being added.
- Width limitations: Fiberglass pools are freighted. The width of most fiberglass pools is 16′ or less.
- Cost: Starting out the cost of a Fiberglass pool is roughly $50,000.
Vinyl Liner Pools
- Cost: Lower initial cost compared to fiberglass pools. Starting out roughly $40,000. However, they will have to be replaced after 7-10 years or if punctured.
- Customizable with measurements: With liners, there are less size and circumference limitations than fiberglass.
- Vinyl liner swimming pools are nonabrasive: The plastic liner material is sleek to your touch and will not scratch skin.
- Greater life time expense: On average a liner can last about 8 years at a replacement expense of at least $2,500-$3,500 and the cost of water.
- Easily damaged: If you will have kids or animals in your pool…a liner is not right for you. Liners are easily punctured by pets and toys. The liner is about 20-28 mil dense, which is the width of a quantity of a few sheets of paper. One mistake could cost you big!
- Algae: The seams harbor algae and require more maintenance and chemicals.
- Built-in features: Steps and seating are optional and an additional cost.
Credit to: Southern Scapes Pool and Landscape Design
True Blue Pools is Lexington’s premier in-ground fiberglass and vinyl liner pool contractor. Our services include weekly service, pool openings, pool closings, pump & filter installs, vinyl liner replacement, spring cleanup, salt system install, safety cover install, light replacement, chemical delivery, in ground pool installation, and water testing. We are located at 3323 Partner Pl #8 Lexington, KY 40503 and can be reached at 859-523-0755
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.